this morning I had a terrifying nightmare!!! it had the ominous, threatening feeling of the omen mixed with the creepy, lecherous tone of that scene in Foxes (awesome 1980 jodie foster movie) where cherie currie is hitchhiking and the couple is totally trying to molest her... yikes!
I don't know how it started, but I was on some sort of trip/vacation, possibly some sort of church camp. there were a lot of different married couples there, but I was there with my dad and sister. there was a big dining hall with a really high vaulted ceiling in a cabin-ish building made all of wood. there was also a room up a creepy set of stairs that was much smaller and I think that was where most of the people slept. everything happened at night, and I just remember getting this disconcerting feeling that something was just not right. and somehow, I just knew all of a sudden that these men were demons and were impregnating the women to have demon babies (!!!). the pregnancies were all happening like in fast-forward, like the women were able to give birth within a couple of hours of conceiving, so all of these creepy, screaming, red babies were being born (but it was like in the omen where you don't really see its face but you know something is just not right). I was so creeped out, I just wanted to get out of there!
for some reason, I started taking a shower and dying my hair (the dye was a light purplish color), and the dye kept getting in my eyes. I had to add shampoo and bring it to a lather, but all of a sudden this middle-aged man and his wife were in the bathroom with me, and he was red-faced and quite tall and imposing, staring me down in the shower. thankfully there were towels hanging on the sliding shower doors and I was holding on to them for dear life, but this man really scared the hell out of me. I started yelling for my family, and my dad and sister came running in and my dad rather heroically yelled at him and scared him off. (interestingly, we were talking about my dad last night in a heroic sort of way and how he needs to retire because he works too hard. also, he was much taller than me in the dream when in real life he is about my height.) the man and his wife started going through my underwear drawer (totally creepy and gross!) which happened to be in an armoire in the bathroom, and like holding my undergarments up and looking over them, like searching for something. my dad and sister again scared them off, and I remember just looking at my sister and thinking, "Oh my god, we have two more nights here... how are we going to survive this??" because for some reason we couldn't leave until the appointed time. also, I was really worried about how we were going to make it through the night; were we going to call the police to keep the people from attacking us again? we were going to need people outside the cabin watching to make sure no one snuck up on us to impregnate us! there were other battles that took place throughout the night but I don't remember them! but I did wake up feeling really unnerved and frightened.
the surroundings in this dream I think are mostly from this one weekend I spent at church camp on catalina when I was around 8 or 9 with my mom and other sister, which would explain not being able to leave because we would've had to have taken a boat ride back to the mainland. (this trip was semi-traumatic for me, just being at an awkward age and not really having any friends on the trip, I kinda felt like a total loser, but I don't think that has much to do with the content of the dream!) incidentally, (I don't know if this is TMI for this blog) I got my period this morning. I usually do have more graphic dreams at this time in my cycle, but I wonder if this dream & my period are more connected...
Friday, December 7, 2007
the omen & church camp...
Labels:
babies,
catalina,
church camp,
demons,
fertility,
foxes,
pregnancy,
shower scenes,
the omen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment