I sent a Myspace message to my friend Mike saying that I had this dream in which he and another friend were in, spurring me to think of him in waking life, wondering how he was doing. I didn't, however, tell him what exactly the dream was, not that he asked to know anyway. But here is the scene:
There is a wide-open space, platform-like setting. Reminds me roughly of the backyard in my family's old home, but it is nowhere I've ever been to in waking life. It is much more spacious, designed in a more aesthetically modern concrete slab way, and has concrete steps and walls, unlike my family's old backyard. But it does feel like it is in the back of somewhere, not facing a street or a garden or buildings even. I vaguely recall some foliage and hill-ness, outside of the concrete...ness, which was probably what reminds me of the backyard.
Anyway, my friend D is sitting or standing on the lower part of this wide open, platform-designed space, talking to me, while Mike is holding me up with his arms, on the upper level of the platform. She is occupied in telling me about how she dumped her new boyfriend. I'm asking her, "New boyfriend? Is this the one I already know about or another new one?" I forget her answer in the dream, but she clarifies. She proceeds to tell me that she dumped him for such and such reasons, including that he called her "Tower" (because she is tall?) and made fun of or teased her about being vegetarian. I find this all funny when I think about it in waking life. At the same time, I wonder if she really did break up with her boyfriend, or if any of these dream details are relevant to reality (because she IS tall and vegetarian in waking life, so half of her dream character is reality-based*). Anyway, back to random, dream hang-out. During this whole time that I am interacting with D, listening to her and looking at her, Mike is standing close behind me holding me up by the arms--the whole time, without saying anything. I'm not certain that I need Mike's support, but it feels nice and is kinda fun to have Mike holding me up and dragging me around. I'm looking at D, thinking she must think we are acting strangely, but she is not at all thrown off by our behavior.
*While my dreams are not always a direct translation of reality, they are occasionally clairvoyant--but it is sometimes hard to discern whether the message of a dream is clairvoyant, complete crap, or something else altogether.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
haha, I love the image of mike (l?) holding you up! thats just so cute! and funny!
interesting dream. sounds like high school hang out days a little.
yeah, def. i kept thinking while i was describing the setting..."concrete slab, backyardish...westlake high school?" hah...sigh. (lol. i just posted this comment and deleted it as "marcelo" because i'm using a school computer and somebody forgot to sign out :P)
Post a Comment