this morning I had a dream that I was kickin' it with the suarez family (I've been watching a lot of ugly betty!! y que?! it's so good!) and I don't remember if I WAS betty, or if I was just a family member, but hilda was there too. we were in the kitchen doing something or other and there were all these construction workers in the other room who were trying to take advantage of us because we were women! I think they were eating lunch and taking a break from whatever project they were working on. anywho, so I heard them talking about how we were stupid & didn't know anything about construction because we were women, or something mean & disrespectful like that, so I gave them a piece of my mind! which is significant to me because in real life I'm really bad at confrontation and telling people off, I would never normally do that to someone I don't know at all. but I told them something strong and badass, and threatened them with something pretty impressive because after that they shut up and ate their lunches in silence! it was a very proud moment, and betty & hilda both had my backs. haha, so random!!
******************
I also had a dream about the gossip (the band), and they were total ballers. like bling everywhere, expensive accessories (somehow I just knew), and they were doing some photo shoot with fancy, emaciated, barely-clad models. I think I was turned off by it, like 'oh, they've become such jerks now that they're famous.' I think it has something to do with mike telling me about how they were kind of condescending to this canadian band, fucked up, a couple of years ago. weird.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
in case you didn't know, ugly betty is a feminist.
Labels:
construction workers,
dreams,
fucked up,
hilda suarez,
the gossip,
ugly betty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wah haha...that ugly betty dream is great! either you've just been watching a whole of ugly betty, because that sounds like a situation that would happen in the show--betty stands up, gets tough against carelessness, callousness, et cetera...or it's like betty represents this strong, confrontational, tell 'em off (feminist) part of you that is totally you, i.e. the way you are feminist, your politics, and/or it's also a part of you that you're just not expressing in real life, but it's you? ohmygod am i giving cheap psychobabble? but really that's what i think...
that's awesome j!! I love your psychobabble! I think that's totally true, that betty represents a part of me that is dormant maybe, but that I'm trying to break free. either way, she's just totally inspiring in her fish out of water way.
I can't wait til the new season starts!!
Post a Comment