this morning my dad called me and startled me out of sleep. I was glad because I was sleeping way later than usual (thanks, melatonin!) but unfortunately I forgot a large chunk of my really awesome dream...
it started with me being in class, at our final meeting. for some reason, my class was at some random building in the san fernando valley, like on ventura blvd, but it was clearly college. I was sitting at my desk and there was a girl next to me and we were working on our assignment: we were supposed to map out an outfit of some sort and explain our choices. I remember either I was wearing my "reading is sexy" shirt or drawing it on the outline of a girl on my paper. I wrote something about how we needed to create a space for women's sexuality and sexual agency and my clothing could do this somehow... I answered a couple more questions in a similar manner, quite proud of my answers and kind of surprised because I didn't really feel prepared for the final. then, as I'm focusing on my final, this boy (let's call him 'taco' to protect the innocent) walks into the class, late, which isn't surprising because he is always late to class. I get all bubbly inside because I have a crush on him but we have never spoken a word to each other. he sits down at the desk right in front of mine, and looks at me, but I'm too shy to say anything so I focus really hard on my test. he gets up and goes over to his group, and I realize I have to say something, that it's now or never, so I say, "hi taco!" and he turns around and says, "Hi." and just looks at me. I grow embarrassed but happy, feeling like I've surmounted this huge barrier. then, the final is over, and instead of talking to taco more, I just get in my car and go home.
on the way home, I decide to stop by my friend's house (I think she's based on the character Serena on Gossip Girl??). she lives in this huge creamy white house with camel accents, and a cul-de-sac driveway with a rosebed in the middle. her mom is out front watering the roses, and I pull my car into the driveway. we talk for a bit, but S is on her way out somewhere with some friends, so I'm leaving as she's leaving. but before I leave, I decide that I want to go into her house and just see what kinds of products her family uses, cos they obviously have a lot of money and my curiosity is just running wild (I wasn't intending to steal anything, I just wanted to look!!). so after S leaves, I spontaneously run back to her front door and open it, and am contemplating which room to start with when her brothers pull up in their slate gray BMW. for a split second, I have to fight against my instinct to run but then I decide to act natural, that it would be less suspicious. her brothers come in and make me feel right at home, they don't suspect a thing, and in fact one of them is really cute, kind of like dennis from the refused. we start watching the cooking channel, and I'm having fun just hanging out. then, a new show comes on and it's hosted by this crazy swedish dude, who is young and super energetic and kind of looks like he should be in a hardcore band too. his show is all about making cookies with skull-stenciled, neon green frosting and other such creepy snacks even though it's nowhere near halloween. he makes pastries with a macabre sense of humor. I get really excited about this show, and exclaim "why are swedish people so AWESOME?!" and S's brother (the swedish one) pumps his fist in the air in agreement. then I woke up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment