Monday, November 12, 2007

fiery dragon chase!!

I've been a naughty, naughty blogger! sorry friends. Since I have to wake up earlier than normal for school, my brain has had trouble adjusting and I haven't been remembering my dreams at all lately. that is, Until this morning! yay for holidays :D
so I had a really intense, crazy dream this morning. it was so intense I woke up sore all over!! also, its really windy here in portland, which might have added to the intensity somehow in my subconscious.
the dream begins at my friend tim's house. his whole family is there, parents and little sister, and he has this HUGE pet dragon that he found somehow. it has its own room, but it won't entirely fit in the room, so there's this little length of tail that curls out and around the corner in the kitchen. we're eating at the table, and every time someone has to get up, tim tells us not to step on the tail. sometimes its visible, sometimes its not, which is kinda weird.
then, sometime later, I'm trying to sleep in the bedroom around the corner from the dragon's room, and all of a sudden its angry and there's this huge tail lashing about trying to wrap itself around me like a snake! so I'm writing back and forth trying not to get trapped, screaming and freaking out a bit. somehow, we get out of the house, but not before we realize the dragon has been breeding with tim's small dogs, and it can reproduce really quickly so now there are these little green furry dogs running around trying to bite us too. we run out of the house, trying to get to a car or something so tim's parents can take me home (don't know why it's not outside the house), and the scenery looks a lot like scotland: rolling green grassy hills, pastures, sheep and what not. we're running up this hill with the dragon chasing us, running for our lives because we don't want to get eaten or burned by its firebreath, and this farming family sees us and tells us to run inside their shack/house. they have an underground tunnel that will get us down to the carport (I think that's where we're running). we run into their house, and jump through this little hole in the ground that has stairs but we're in too much of a hurry to use them so one after another we jump down and ride down the stairs on our butts. I'm carrying my backpack, another small bag, and two bags of takeout food (?!) with books in them that I'm borrowing. the tunnel goes down, down, down, and then opens out onto a wider staircase that we continue down into the earth, running, running, running. we finally come to a cliff with stairs going down it (impossible to descend), facing a wall with an opening/platform further down, a vine hanging in the middle, and we can see people down on the other side (this part kind of looked like a video game, like you would have to run & jump but just at the right point to land on the lower platform). tim's little sister runs and impulsively grabs the vine but ends up just swinging about, not really going anywhere. so I run & jump & try to save her, but end up hanging off the cliff by my fingers! I could not for the life of me muster the strength to pull myself back up, so a bunch of people had to help me (and I remember lucid dreaming, thinking, no, these people can't pull me up, I'm too heavy-- stupid insecurity!), including a boy I've been totally crushing on in one of my classes. as we've been running down these tunnels, more and more people have joined us, including him, and we end up talking, which is comforting in my dream because it has yet to happen in real life. anyway, that's when I woke up, so we never made it to the carport. and that dragon's still out there!!

incidentally, I looked up 'dragon' on dreamhawk's dictionary, and here's what it said:
The parts of your sexual drive or feelings that are untamed and fiery. The dragon can also represent the power and magic of the unconscious. But to get the 'gold' or treasure you have to deal with those wild forces within yourself. (http://www.dreamhawk.com/dyd-d3.htm#dragon)
interesting eh?? like I'm trying to ignore my sexuality, so it comes chasing after me. dreams are so weird.

UPDATE!!: just talked to tim, who said he and his friends drank a special kind of tea (wink, wink) the other day, and have since been joking about 'chasing the dragon'. how WEIRD is that?! I think maybe our brains connected somehow and passed information back and forth. that is seriously bizarre. has this ever happened to anyone else??

3 comments:

dandan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dandan said...

!!!!!!! Baby dragon doggies!

J. said...

wow...halfway into reading it, I felt like I was watching an Indiana Jones movie. That's an elaborate getaway you dreamt!

I've had dreams like that that were weirdly coincidental...I've dreamt of hanging out with people who are in town but that I didn't know were in town in waking life until after the dream.