Tuesday, November 13, 2007

breakup night

In the early hours of Tuesday, I dreamt...

...that I asked my brother E if our older brother C really loved P (his first girlfriend). I asked E, as if it was relevant to the times (though it was years ago in waking life), "Did he truly love her?" E said "Yeah, he did." I felt confused that such love could go badly or end and felt pain inside me and said to him, "I feel like a child of divorced parents...This hurts..."

...Henry and Betty from TV show "Ugly Betty" were separating in front of my eyes (not on TV). I think the breaking up was elaborate, but I don't remember the details, just the emotions! Basically, unlike in the TV show where the two are trying to salvage their love and relationship while they still have time together, I dreamt they were coming to an end with no bittersweet time together. It was this stretched out, long, hurting separation that was really painful to watch. I kept on trying to figure out desperately "How can they get back together?" but it was beyond my control and I watched them in a painful, distant separation...

I also dreamt some non-breakup related things, most of which related to old times, people from the past and were confusing...Ugly Betty was probably the most relevant, time-wise, element to my dream. But I'll leave this post with just the breakups.

3 comments:

Michi said...

If someone keeps dreaming about breakups, does it mean that the person has some deep down fear of getting into relationships because the breakups can be so harsh?

bananasplitz said...

interesting dream and interpretation J and michi! I wonder why your (subconscious) mind is thinking about break ups?

I love how you dream about ugly betty too!! that shiz with henry and betty is breaking my little heart too... SIGH.

J. said...

well, i was thinking about my brother's most recent relationship the night i had that dream...so, that's probably why i dreamt what i did.

but the ugly betty thing was random! speaking of, i can't wait to watch the new episode online tomorrow(since i have no tv)...i really like henry for betty--why does it have to end?? they're such a cutely written couple, minus the pregnancy and jazz. dang it.