Monday, November 12, 2007

short but sweet rollerskate fashion show!

I had a super awesome dream a couple of weeks ago that is a little foggy, but I'll try and piece it together because it's just that good.
(I think this is a result of watching america's next top model and the hills...)

so I'm discovered by this fashion designer (someone akin to marc jacobs), who thinks I'd be great in his next show. so I'm whisked off with him to the headquarters, and he walks me through everything, like not just the fashion show, but I'm kind of like an intern/assistant to him, and he shows me everything he's doing like sketching the clothes and all the technical details which is super fun and he's really nice and supportive, nurturing even. turns out I'm the only plus size model in the show, but he really wants to include me, which is awesome! so I go to get my clothes and make up and hair done, and my outfit consists of a bikini/bathing suit of some kind and little overall jean shorts, kind of like a 70s jumpsuit. awesome. also, the entire show is going to be done on roller skates. like walking down the runway and everything. so I'm a little nervous about that, but otherwise stoked to be there.

so it comes time for the show to start, and I'm getting a little nervous but trying to remember to be FIERCE like tyra and strut my stuff down the runway. I think I'm last in the show, so it finally comes to my turn, and I have quite a bit of trouble strutting in roller skates, but I manage to get my ass to the end of the runway. then there are these stairs that all the models are standing on, so I climb my way up those, but my skates keep getting caught on the fabric so it's a little awkward. I remember being on the platform and just knowing that I made a weird, squinty face trying to look fierce, like that wasn't my thing, but I'm proud that I did it and made it all the way on skates without falling. and I look hot! and that's the last thing I remember, being proud of myself for putting myself out there like that and learning I could do it.

...I honestly don't know how my subconscious comes up with such awesome ideas though, a fashion show on roller skates?!? that's RAD.

1 comment:

J. said...

This dream is awesome! Definitely sounds like the creative, talented, glam-loving part of you is having a blast through dreaming! I definitely think you're capable of using those qualities in waking life, too!