There is a lady of some sort of butterfly-related expertise describing to a group of people, of which I am included in, how we can have flying butterflies for ourselves. She lists various possibilities of how to do this, the majority of options include using real live butterflies. For some reason, before I appear at this group, I've found a bag of frozen twig-like carcasses, from a nearby freezer. I feel confused about what they are and why they are the way they are. As I stand in the back of the group, listening to the butterfly-related expert list the various ways to have flying butterflies and demonstrating these to us, I feel anxious and disappointed, thinking, "All I have are these sad, dead, frozen twig-like bodies." I feel badly for having in possession something so morbid and creepy, until she lists as one of the last options, "and you may have frozen butterflies..." She takes out a bag of which contents look a lot like that of the bag I'm holding. She turns these frozen, incomplete butterfly body remnants into whole, live, flying butterflies. I am amazed and relieved that the butterflies can be transformed into something so beautiful, living and full.
my interpretation...I think this is about feeling confused about what to do with something unknown, seemingly useless and dead, and finding out in a learning situation that it can be transformed into something inspiring that everyone appreciates. I feel like this applies to my current school situation, where I have projects due and am feeling uninspired or uncertain of whether I'll make anything worthwhile from them...
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG J! this dream is pretty amazing... I love the things your brain comes up with! frozen butterflies! so cool.
it sounds like that interpretation is full of meaning for you right now. I was also thinking about the ability to turn something you originally see as useless and dead into something full of life, but maybe with a more general sense of hope. that is such a beautiful idea!! :D
hmm...looking back at this dream, it may have also been brought on by "afro-punk"...i had kinda dismissed a lot of that part of my life as sorta bad for me and never really sorted through the mess of emotions and relations that came from it. i think watching afro-punk not only validated some of the feelings/experience/thoughts i've had but also got me to look at that culture, that part of my life with a more hopeful, clearer, and objective perspective...
Post a Comment