an ol' high school friend of mine, A, posted up a myspace bulletin for his poetry/photo blog. i hadn't seen or talked to him in a bazillion years. obviously, we'd gone through changes like anyone else after a bazillion years, so i was surprised to see him still writing poems as he did in high school. i dropped him a line saying i was glad he was still writing poetry, because he had always been an excellent and interesting poet in my eyes. then i had an afternoon nap and dreamt this little bit. in front of me is a square-shaped, dark orange-reddish colored blank notepad. A sends me a reply to my waking life message that appears in black ink on this notepad, functioning akin to instant messenger or to the diary of Tom Riddle in
Harry Potter: the Chamber of Secrets (without disappearing ink, just appearing ink). I reply, feeling very happy with how pleasant and easy our communication is. Two filled-in, odd-shaped ovals appear on the notepad. For a milisecond, I am confused, but then very naturally reply back with two solid black ovals and one empty oval, tagging on appreciatively that, "You are the only person I can communicate with ovals to."
I don't know if the oval shape itself is important in terms of dream symbols, but in the dialogue it is meant to symbolize a level of unusual, internal communication.
Another dream I had was about Cat Power. In the dream, she's talking about her artistic process to some sort of general audience, and I'm watching it like a youtube video and thinking, "A lot of her approach or interests with music resonate with my interests" (though mine are obviously not manifested in the least to the degree hers is). The waking life reality is that I've yet to hear or read Chan Marshall articulate her process in detail. But apparently, in my dream she articulates everything clearly that I would like to say for my own goals, interests or vision with music. When I wake up, I feel assured...
2 comments:
oh my gosh J!! I love the ovals part of your dream... that is so awesome & creative. I love how your brain works! I think it really says a lot about how you feel an artistic connection to Drew!! very sweet.
the Cat Power dream is great too!! do you remember any specifics about what she was saying? I'd be interested to know them... hmm, I feel like I need to think more about this one.
YAY for posting!!!!!
hey, ash...i actually didn't remember clearly the specifics of what she said, just that once it was said, it resonated strongly with me...as if she could speak for me...in waking life, i like some of her music a lot, aesthetically...so, maybe i see her as representing what i want from music...you said you still needed to think about this one?
Post a Comment