about the attack and self-defense scene...according to dreamhawk.com, "defense" and "kill" mean a lot of things, depending on the context, as is with every other dream symbol...but essentially a theme of restraint, repressing feelings, living defensively appears through the different definitions. Most of the plentiful interpretations for "attack" did not resonate with me, except for this one possibly relevant note, "It is important to define or be aware of ones response to threat or attack in a dream. Experiments in connection with dreams in which the person runs away from attack, or is very passive, show that if the dreamer visualises changing the situation and faces attackers, their dreams and even waking behaviour changes radically... " So, that seems like a good indication to face whatever one is running away from.
Dreammoods.com: "To dream that you are being attacked by someone signifies questions on your character and the need for you to defend yourself. You are feeling stressed, vulnerable, and helpless. You may also be faced with difficult changes in your waking life." I think I was feeling defensive about a spat I had with my brother, but other than that, no difficult life changes...my parents are planning to sell the house i grew up in, the one with the study room from the dream...i have a lot of good and meaningful memories associated with that house...maybe that's something?
1 comment:
I really like the post dedicated solely to interpretation! I think it was definitely necessary after such an intense dream. and interesting to walk through your process with you! thank you for sharing :D
any follow-up thoughts?
Post a Comment