I had this really vibrant dream last last week. Here's a few random details from it. The first half of it is not very lady-like, for those with more Victorian tastes...
I'm in a bathroom with another woman, and we're purposefully making our menstrual blood visible so that when we leave the bathroom, it will still be visible.
I'm in a dingy restaurant, and getting ready to leave the place with some people, but I make a quick run to the bathroom. The bathroom is BRIGHT white with its tiles, lights, and walls, but is also trashy at the same time; it basically looks like a public bathroom that has never been cleaned. I really need "to go," but as I'm preparing to sit down on a toilet, I suddenly get really strong, eerie vibes from the bathroom and decide NOT to "go." I get the hell out of the bathroom!
There's another scene that is so bizarro, I'm just going to save it for another time. bizarro. The rest of the dream eventually shifts into happier, more pleasant, un-bathroom-related events and settings. But before that happens, there's this:
I'm hanging out with my oldest brother. Since he's driving the car, I answer his cell phone when it rings. A woman I don't know is leaving a work-related message on his voicemail. Somehow I know this, and then the woman becomes his former love and I am now talking to her. I tell her that C can't answer the phone, but she obviously meant to call someone else (work-related). I tell her that I'll tell him that she called and meant to call elsewhere. My brother and I walk into a cafe-like place, and are sitting at a small round table with a blonde, shoulder length-haired dude and a lady that we both don't know. The dude guy is really outgoing and trying to make conversation with us, trying to be cool. He says something to me, "You have sexy boobs." I'm thinking, "This guy must be an idiot to say such a thing to a woman he just met." I stumble to respond, aware that my brother is right by my side. I decide to confront the comment, and say, "Dude, that's not cool to say. . . " He doesn't get what's not cool about what he said. I'm trying to find the words that will get across to him, when the lady next to him says to us in an understanding way, "It's akward..." I respond, "Yes, it's awkward!!!" Not only is he blatantly objectifying me, which alone is annoying, but is doing so in front of my brother, which makes it awkward. Obviously, I gotta stand up to him, represent myself.
Then, my brother and I are walking on some hill that seems like a residential area in T.O., gladly distanced from the cafe situation. I randomly think of P and miss him.
Then, C and I are in some new place where my family and some relatives are. My mom is acting really unlike herself, wearing a very youthful shirt that has big stretchy holes in the back as part of the design of the shirt. She's working with someone in a room, moving around in an upper body-twisting, dancey-performance way. My relatives and I are in the hallway. I'm looking at one of my aunts' cell phone to look up a # for her. Before checking the #'s stored on her phone, I am thinking she probably doesn't have many numbers, being an elder and out of touch with new technology. However, when I check her list of "contacts," she has like every possible # (businesses, etc.) in her phone!
Some other stuff happens, involving teams of people working on something, maybe a competition, in a hotel building and going back and forth from one place to another, and maybe performing music--I really don't have the desire to search my brain for the details. But out of this vague scenario, I walk out into a grassy knoll in the city. And this is THE BEST PART OF THE DREAM . I'm holding a really fine, intricate triangular shaped piece made of silver. And I find my brother C, Ashley and our friend D in this one area, near a tall electricity pylon-looking thing. We are sitting in a circle, and I am holding my triangular piece and someone, probably D, passes around a joint. We all start floating high into the air together, and we're all really happy and having fun. I speculate that maybe the mysterious-looking triangular piece is what made us levitate, thinking it's magical. Someone, probably D, says while laughing, "It's definitely the weed!" Still sitting Indian style in a circle of four, we're flying over the city, flying over trees, and all these different scenes, like soldiers and oceans--colorful scenes that seem to be taken from video games or film but are being enacted live, below us. It's really fun, we're having a blast, flying through and over these different scenes!! Until we fly into a Lego war scene, and we can't escape the scene, because the Lego pieces are flying around us instead of just happening below us...
And I seem to have woken up shortly after...
Sunday, October 21, 2007
i woke up one sunday and...
Labels:
bathrooms,
flying,
friends,
levitating,
siblings,
video game scenery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's probably best you decided not to go while in the dream bathroom! I've had some "close calls" in the past where I tried to relieve myself in my dreams, if you get my meaning.
haha, yeah. rule of thumb: go to the potty before going to sleep. definitely good to remember.
OMG J!!! that end part is the best dream ever!! I can't believe a)that we were all getting high together, b) that we were flying, and c) that we flew through a Lego war scene. your brain is AMAZING!
Post a Comment