Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Vin Diesel, submarines, and that 70s show

[from this morning]

I'm driving with this blonde girl, sort of a beach type. We're parking at the beach, and the parking lot is really small and full. After some tension, we find a space and go into the water. She is teaching me how to navigate a small fishing rowboat. It feels like we're on some weird TV show about vacations/nature/sports/diy. She tells me it's best to fill the entire boat with water when catching fish, because it keeps it fresh. I ask her the best way to get into the boat and she shows me sort of like getting on a surfboard.

Then, suddenly I'm the woman but I'm me, and I'm on shore with Vin Diesel from xXx. He's in this huge waterproof Hummer and he wants to show me how he can drive it underwater. At first I'm all, "Naw, I'll just go in my water-filled boat," but then I decide to get in the Hummer (against my better judgment.) We drive around underwater for a while and it's kind of like the submarine ride at Disneyland.

Then we drive back on shore, and Vin Diesel isn't there anymore. The car is driven by just some random middle-aged guy. As we're trying to leave the tiny parking lot, this woman in a Volvo station wagon is trying to go the wrong way, blocking our path. She starts honking at us and we narrowly pass her by, in disbelief at her idiocy.

Then we drive to this strange shopping mall, where they're having some sort of awards ceremony, hosted by the cast from That 70's Show. I don't really remember much from the end of the dream, except all the weird comic book characters from the comic book store in the mall are lurking in the back of the event, in silhouette. They are fake Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings mythical creatures and whatnot. But they are dorks because they are friends with the comic book store owner.

2 comments:

J. said...

I'm so glad someone else is posting beside me! I like the part where you say, "Then, suddenly I'm the woman but I'm me..." That sort of character/identity changing or ambiguity seems common in dreams. Or I guess I figure it must be common because that happens in my dreams, too...? I dunno. I see there's an intense TV/film theme in your dream...

dandan said...

Yeah, ambiguity of that sort definitely seems very prevalent in most people's dreams. My sister has a lot of crazy dreams like that.

This dream was surprising, because I don't think I usually dream in the direct context of movies or TV. Most of my dreams are actually very sexual in nature. That may not be such a surprise...