Saturday, September 29, 2007

Speaking of nightmares...

I only have nightmares every once in a while, but I have been sick for the last 4 days and I think this might be triggering some bad dreams at night. Two nights ago I had the oddest thing happen to me. Whit was I woken up when it appeared that I was running while lying down in bed. Whit immediately woke me up from the nightmare, which is actually the first time I have ever been waken up out of a nightmare. Although it appeared as if I were running that was not the case in my dream unfortunately. I think I would of liked that more than what follows. I was standing on a pier, and it was so dark and foggy that I couldn't see anything around me. Just black in all directions. I looked down and suddenly the boards split, and something very strong was pulling me straight down into the equally dark water. I couldn't tell if it had hands, or if it was a person. I fell down and started kicking as hard as I could to get it off of me. That was where Whit came in, and I woke up gasping. Eek. I hate nightmares like that one. I told my mother about my dream yesterday, and she went on to diagnose the dream in the same way she always does. Somehow in her eyes my nightmares always relate to me graduating, and getting into the "real world". Sorry mom, I think this may have been just a sick-ee dream:)

4 comments:

J. said...

haha. that's cute about the Mom Diagnosis, from an outsider's viewpoint anyways :)

i'm sorry you've been sick! i have, too, and unfortunately, i hear that a lot of people around me (in the boston area) have been sick, too! is it the seasons and/or climate changing?? garlic, vitamins, rest, and juices have been helping me deal...

bananasplitz said...

Oh my gosh, ann, thats a scary one!! I have a huge fear in real life of people grabbing my feet when I'm swimming or really at all, so I can just imagine the terror your dream must have caused!!

according to http://www.dreamhawk.com/dyd-w1.htm#water, "water usually denotes your flowing feelings or ability to respond. It can thus be emotions, desires, or moods depending how the water appears in the dream. If it is muddy it means your feelings are influenced by outer circumstances, worries, material problems, or values." I don't know if that helps at all, but to me it sounds like you feel weighed down by your emotions maybe, or like you're being overcome by them? just a guess!

it does also sound like a hangover dream which makes sense if you're sick and your body is wrestling with illness!! I hope you're back to feeling better soon :D

bananasplitz said...

PS! I just realized that this morning (before reading your post) I had a dream where I gave you (ann) an aspirin!! like I knew you didn't feel good. which maybe makes sense cos you weren't feeling good the other night, but I just thought it was funny & random!

J. said...

ooh, i like ashley's interpretation of being weighed down by emotions! that just makes sense, symbolically, but ann, you're the judge, of course!