The first dream was as follows:
I am in a military infantry unit. My orders are to defend the countryside against an enemy incursion. We are to open fire at enemy forces on sight.
It's morning. The air is crisp. At the far side of a field, in the sky I see two parachutes falling to the ground in the distance. I think to myself, "Paratroopers: it's an invasion!" I run as fast as I can towards the enemy soldiers. They are now only a hundred feet off the ground. I take aim with my rifle and fire the first shot. It hits the parachute and the soldier falls to the ground with a thud. I fire again on the other soldier. This time the bullet hits him.
I run over to the location of the first soldier: he's dead. Unexpectedly, however, this soldier's face is not my enemy at all. It's one of my longtime friends (in real life this person just finished a tour of duty in Iraq).
I am shocked and mortified by what has just occurred. After a moment to gather myself, I run over to the location of the second soldier.
His wound appears to be superficial: a flesh wound. He is unconscious, but still breathing. His face is none other than my brother.
I feel a strong sense of remorse at having shot at them both...
I wake up. I almost started to blog the dream right then, but I was too tired and it was way too early! I go back to sleep...
I'm with a girl. Her name is Millie. She is blonde, has a beautiful face and a fair complextion. I feel like we are old friends. We're talking and reminiscing. In general, we are relaxed.
For some reason, at some point, we have to leave and go somewhere else. So, she transforms into a lioness. I ask her to change into something else.
She jokes, "would you rather that I become a spider?" She quickly changes into a huge arachnid.
I say, "no, please change back." I hate spiders.
She changes back into a lioness. She says, "I'll walk you over."
I get on her back and she literally walks me over to a large theatre. There is to be an opera performed.
My memory is a bit fuzzy at this point however I am somehow separated from the girl and am now with another friend of mine.
I am standing in a line waiting to see the show. I am chatting with a friend of mine. His name is Alexey. He is rather tall and thin. We're just chatting and reminiscing. After a long wait in the line, we finally get into the theatre.
The place is really old. We're sitting up on the second level balcony. The stairs are made of wood and are extremely steep. I make it down to the second row on the second level balcony. My friend is seated directly in front of me.
A house attendant taps my shoulder and says, "excuse me, what are you doing with these?"
I look to my right and I see a box of saxophone mouthpieces in the chair next to mine. I respond, "they are not mine. I do play the saxophone, but these are not my mouthpieces."
The attendant is wearing a white t-shirt, white pants and a white baseball cap. He is covered in white paint. Obviously, he is a contractor. It makes no sense for him to be a house attendant. He replies, "you're damn right they're not your mouthpieces." Open your backpack.
I do so while saying, "I don't know what you're looking for, but you're not going to be able to incriminate me. Those are not my mouthpieces; I didn't even know they were there!"
I remove from the small pouch at the front of my backpack a student-model, plastic alto saxophone mouthpiece. The tip is chipped in about five places; this mouthpiece is a piece of junk.
"Can you prove this is yours?" he says.
I reply, "well, I don't exactly have a receipt on me."
We leave the theatre and go back to my house. I get my alto saxophone out, pop on the mouthpiece with a reed and I begin to play...
I wake up! I have the sneaking suspicion that both these dreams were connected and took place in the same universe.
1 comment:
inteeressting...milley and alexey? were they really named that in your dreams? haha...what does it all mean, b?
Post a Comment