Greetings, everybody! This is my first blog post on What the...?, however, I can guarantee you that it won't be my last if I keep having these bizarre dreams.
It was really odd this time because I wasn't a participant in the dream, but rather an observer. The dream felt more like I was watching scenes out of a movie, except it was in 3d and I've never seen this movie ;-)! There were a bunch of "scenes" I dreamt up last night, including a very elaborate subway chase, but the one which stuck out the most was as follows:
We're in a small house, located in an urban area; it feels like New York City. It's late in the day and the sun is starting to set. There are two people inside a room on the first floor...probably the living room.
The girl (for our purposes we'll call her Jane Doe) is in her mid 20s. She's got extremely light blonde hair: she's beautiful. At the moment, she's terrified and she's arguing with the other person in the room.
The other person is tall and he (we'll call him John Noakes) has an extremely wide build. He seems to be in his late 50s or 60s: his hair is the color of snow and is a bit long and unkept. He is wearing what appears to be the black robe of a judge.
Jane is trying to convince John that she did not murder someone they mutually knew. She is absolutely distraught about what has happened and apparently, she cared deeply for the deceased,
John is distant and walking around the room. Right now, Jane is doing most of the talking and John is just listening. After a few moments, however, John looks at Jane and says something to the effect of "enough! I killed him!"
Jane looks extremely confused, but that's only the beginning because suddenly John's robe burns away in flames to reveal that he is a machine!
Everything below his face and neck is made of some kind of red metallic substance. It is now revealed that his wide build is the result of all of these massive electronic components, hidden up until now under a loose fitting robe.
Jane demands to John, "why would you do this?!"
John replies curtly, "because I hated him." Immediately, John bursts out the front door and flies away into the night.
Then I woke up and went, "holy shit, it's noon!"
Until next time, fellow dreamers.
4 comments:
Wow! Now that is a serious dream! I'm not sure I would know how to decipher it, but I can relate to the dream style. I have had two dreams before where I was an observer watching "scenes" of a movie, that apparently I wrote up in my mind! My first thought upon waking up both times was, "Whoa! Did I just come up with that?!?" It is pretty wild to have this kind, and this one you are describing is so intense! I am looking forward to reading more for sure--take care--
It was pretty neat, but I wish I could remember more. The whole dream in its entirety was fairly elaborate and involved in this same "scene" style, but I can't remember enough to tell it as a coherent story.
Does anyone have any good tips for lucid dreaming? I've had dreams where I almost figure out that I'm dreaming, but it's always right at the end, so then I wake up. However, I've heard of people who are able to maintain a dream state whilst still conscious of the fact that they are in a dream and can therefore control the dream.
It seems like that would be really quite fun and way better than any video game anyone could come up with...at least until someone invents a holodeck! On the other hand, it might not be as interesting as the whole house of cards that my brain is trying to generate would probably fall apart if I started to think about it.
I'm in debt to my good friend " J." for inviting me. I am looking forward to reading other folks' dreams and to posting my own as soon as I dream them!
wow, b, this dream is awesome and bizarre all at once!!! i'm glad you started posting! i love that john was a robot!! so interesting...well, while dream interpretation methods vary, some of us bloggers like to look up symbols on dreammoods.com or dreamhawk.com. i'd start with the color red, judge, deceit, defense, or robot. obviously these sort of dictionaries of dream symbols are not customized to interpret our individual minds, but if some symbols' meaning seem to resonate with you, then hey...cool!
p.s. i have done lucid dreaming a few times before, but this happened immediately after watching the movie "waking life"! the ideas in the movie just penetrated my brain so well, that i felt able to do the lucid dreaming...like i could envision the experience and so it become tangible. otherwise, i probably couldn't.
this dream is so intense and awesome! it sounds like something I would dream for sure... like sci-fi, random weirdness with flying robots. always a plus.
I wonder if you could read it as two different parts of you arguing and accusing the other of something? like maybe you're torn about some decision or being self-critical about something. (maybe I'm projecting or reading too much into it though.)
welcome to the dream blog b! :D
Post a Comment