Thursday, June 26, 2008

california chase scene, gossip girl, & Beck.

last night I had a touch of insomnia and couldn't sleep so I started reading and forced myself to stay awake for a bit, but then just pretty much passed out and woke up at like 10 something and was still super tired so I fell back asleep but had this CRAZY dream that was really intense. it reminds me now of blade runner or something, with like futuristic chase scenes and being in a metropolitan city and stuff. but my friend mike and I were in southern california somewhere and my dad was there too only we were staying at a hotel that was actually the corner of a deli or something, so all of our stuff was laying around these tables and there were coolers of drinks. and there were people all around too. weird. and then I had to grab my stuff to go somewhere and mike was gone for some reason and was either supposed to meet me or I had to go looking for him, I'm not sure which. and people were chasing me, like they weren't monsters or anything, but I was in some sort of motorcycle type vehicle and had the sleeves to an old chair or couch in my lap and was stuffing them and some other clothes like behind me for some reason, to hide them maybe? not sure. and there were definitely people chasing me, I think they were women who looked like models and were also on motorcycle type vehicles. and we were speeding through LA, like I was trying to outrun something, and find mike at the same time, but he was missing and I was like terrified in the dream and hellbent on finding him. and he wasn't answering his phone and I was panicked. anyway, it was very disconcerting. I think there was also a part with a department or clothing store and maybe that's why I was running? regardless, I woke up feeling slightly panicked and out of sorts.

I also had another dream earlier last night with leighton meester from gossip girl, and we were hanging out but I think she was her character blair and not herself, and nate (who was actually his character) was calling me to hang out but I wasn't supposed to let her know cos we were friends and she would've freaked out. it's funny now, but in the dream I was very into the emotion of hiding something from her and feeling guilty but also excited. (I think this was from watching rocknroll high school, the part where tom calls for riff and her friend kate is right there. although its completely different in the movie and riff isn't into tom.)

and then the night before last, I had a dream that beck was picking my pockets. I was wearing a long navy blue coat with low pockets and was laying down or sleeping, and he was trying to reach in my pocket without me noticing, and was sort of like crouched over me. I wish he was crouched over me for a different reason (sorry, I had to go there), but I think he was just trying to be sneaky.

anywho, maybe I should stop watching so many beck/ramones youtube videos late at night, huh?! ...I just can't help it.

in regards to the first dream:
CITY or TOWN: Your relationship with strangers, with life on the street, therefore your interaction with society and the many choices it confronts you with about direction, relationships, activities, your sense of community, along with the mental and emotional environment in which you live.
In some dreams: The town may represent work opportunity, or just opportunity.
Home town or town of birth: Your familiar way of life; the way you usually go about things. Or the life you lived while young.
Strange town: You are exploring something new in your activities, most likely in relationship with strangers. Or perhaps you are facing new or different attitudes or way of life, new choices or opportunities.

CHASED/CHASING: Anything moving toward you in a dream usually signifies that you are becoming more aware of it, feeling it more intensely. So being chased in a dream usually denotes that you are feeling something you fear more intensely and are trying to avoid confronting it. This is not usually a good policy, as you can never get away from yourself.
If you are chasing something it shows what you are making an effort to gain in life, but the thing you are pursuing might be difficult to arrive at, possible because of your own feelings about attaining it.

CLOTHES:Clothes can mean many things depending upon dream context, their colour, style, what period of time they depict, and their condition - i.e. clean or dirty, ragged or smart, etc. We often associate ideas and feelings about how others see us, or how we would like to be seen, with clothes - sexy, smart, casual, formal, etc. Clothes also allow us to change how people relate to us, so can represent the different ways you can present yourself. Clothes might also represent disguising what you really feel, or covering up something. Occasionally clothes represent the attitudes you use to protect yourself, or to fend off other people.

(I think all of those interpretations are really interesting!)

1 comment:

J. said...

awww...the gossip girl and beck dream were kind of funny. i had a beck dream once, too! the first dream about socal reminds me of two other dreams you've posted, one being about reconciling with so cal roots and the second one you titled "insecurity." meaning, maybe being chased by "model"-like women is part of what you want to avoid or have an aversion to but know you have to face or deal with when you go back to so cal...all those tanned, collagen-lipped, stylized, fake-boobied women! i dunno, image is a pretty prominent or prioritized concern in LA and even Westlake...btw, i have to tell you something i heard about socal culture...i'll facebook ya!