Tuesday, May 6, 2008

kinda traumatic birth scene

I've been under a lot of stress recently, with school and trying to make what feels like huge, life-altering decisions, so I've had a lot on my mind. this morning I had this dream, and woke up suddenly at the end, slightly alarmed at my dream.

I'm pregnant, and giving birth to a litter of many cats, which in the dream wasn't alarming or unusual at all. everything was going as planned, and I don't remember being in pain at all. there are people gathered around me, helping, but I'm not in a hospital, I think I'm at home. After I'm done giving birth to my litter, I'm lying down, exhausted, when we realize that one kitten hasn't been born yet and is still stuck inside me. but the kitten isn't in my uterus, it is in my wrist/arm, and is trying to claw its way out. my left wrist looks like one of those early 80s horror movie effects, with the flesh poking out and claws clearly stretching it. my friends and I are really startled and freaked out, and I quickly become panicked, not that the kitten is in my wrist, but that its clawing its way out and I don't know how to help it. a male friend whose identity is now blurry steps in to help me, and grabs a thick knife to cut my wrist so the kitten can come out. I become really scared and nervous because I just know its going to hurt so bad! I look away, and my friend grabs the pinky on my other hand, pinching it really hard to focus the pain somewhere else. with my eyes closed and my face turned away, I can picture the knife cutting my wrist and blood slowly dribbling out, but I wake up right before he cuts me.

I also had a dream I was in a kitchen of some sort, and someone was cooking breakfast, like bacon or something, and there are all of these full grown cats. I'm having trouble breathing and am gasping for breath because I'm allergic to cats (true in real life) and my asthma is really acting up, like to the point of my lungs closing. then I woke up.

3 comments:

J. said...

ohmygod, this dream seems to be just seeping with meaning...i was chuckling about the birthing of kittens until the freaky part...so interesting.

according to dreamhawk.com: "Kitten: Feelings about vulnerability or babyhood; feelings about caring for someone or something vulnerable; parental urges, perhaps protectiveness."

don't know how that applies to the kitten clawing out of you, but it does seem to fit right in line with the conceiving...

bananasplitz said...

haha, I know, I kinda can't believe this dream came from my unconscious! it still feels really intense, just remembering it. yeah, I think that definitely makes sense. I think this dream is about me giving birth, like starting a new part of my life perhaps? the idea of graduating is becoming kind of traumatic, and maybe my subconscious feels like it will have to give up being a child? I dunno :P

dreamhawk also said: Arms represent your power to express emotions, desires and ideas, to construct or destroy. They might also be referring to your ability to love, give, take, create, defend, or reach out. Your active and dominant arm can depict the long struggle in your life to deal with difficulties, your sense of failure, or low self-esteem, or the struggle one faces with sexuality and relationships. Along with this it represents perseverance and strength, the skills and tools learned and developed through meeting those difficulties. It is what you put into the world through your activities and efforts, such as the things you have worked at, and what you have done with people. It is what you have grasped of the world and taken from it.

BIRTH: A new beginning, a fresh start, starting life under influence of a new power. In Christianity the new birth was caused through the power of the the conscious self opening to the transcendent power of change.

Birth dreams can also be expressions of actual infant memories of birth, with all its difficulties, terrors and events. In this way the unconscious emotions and fears may be made conscious and dealt with. We have to remember that birth of one part of us cannot help but be death to another. The womb experience dies when the baby is born to outer life, the baby self dies as the youth emerges, and so on.

I dunno, I think that kinda makes sense!! thanks for your interpretation, J!! xoxo

ann-m-squared said...

this dream is so crazy, and just as j. said, so interesting! all kinds of ideas come to my mind. i wonder what the difference is between the kittens that came out painlessly and the one kitten that got caught. it is so intense that someone had to cut the kitten out. it might be a good idea to meditate on who that male friend was--but then again, perhaps you don't remember because his identity is less important than what he is doing. eek, well i am glad to be reading about your dreams again!!