Monday, October 8, 2007

Have you ever been to Nebraska?

Well I hadn’t either until the other night. Of course my Nebraska wasn’t anything close to the likes of a glossy travel catalogue written in Tahoma font. But still, I will contend forever that I did indeed travel to this often neglected state.

I don’t know if you know, but Nebraska is completely surrounded by water, kind of like a moat. And there are no cars either. You have to walk across this narrow bridge that looks like it’s made out of three two-by-fours that run long ways for more than a hundred feet. Also, there are dolphins. That’s right, real dolphins of the bottlenose persuasion. Though I must warn you that these dolphins are not as friendly as the ones on TV. They kept slamming into the bottom of the bridge, looking for a free meal I suspect, or perhaps revenge for all the tuna sandwiches I have ever eaten. I happened to be traveling with my parents and so naturally I kept grabbing my mother’s shoulders to help her get safely across. After all, we were on our way to visit relatives that they hadn’t seen in some time.

The neighborhood we entered was a maze of streets that twisted in figure eights. Walking around the block would force you to make two separate decisions on which way to go. The houses were all the same (suburban sprawl is a bitch), painted sky blue with white doors, and a brass colored mail slot.

Inside, my cousins (too many to name) were sitting on lawn chairs and staring at the TV. In back of them on the ground lay the figure of a man lying with his arms spread like either a soaring pigeon or Christ (the latter is much more dramatic, so let’s go with that). He was wrapped in corn husks so I couldn’t tell you who he was, though I had this feeling that we at one time had been very familiar with each other. After a few moments one of my cousins stood up and declared that it was now time for him to be unwrapped. They took to it, pulling off the husks as fast as they could to reveal all at once numerous cuts of fruit that had been arranged in such a way. Slices of pineapple, watermelon, and cantaloupe made up the bulk of the torso. Blessed are the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. (I told you it would be more dramatic this way). They didn’t eat the figure but just stared for what seemed like hours, and I, right beside them all, did the very same.

Dreammoods.com says:
Fruit = a period of growth, abundance, and financial gain
Dolphins = spiritual guidance, your intellect, mental attributes and emotional trust
Nebraska = N/A

2 comments:

J. said...

hi, "miramar walk." i don't know where everyone's been. we were pretty active for a while...anyhoo, i'm glad more people are on here dream blogging...and what an interesting dream, it was so visually intricate and creative :) ...nebraska...intriguing.

bananasplitz said...

hey there miramar walk! thanks for blogging! I know you've got more crazy dreams in that head of yours, you should totes blog 'em too!

I went to nebraska once, but there was no fruit-filled jesus, *sigh*. what a random but awesome dream!