Lately I have been dreaming like mad. The last dream I had was quite interesting:
I am outside a bar near a bunch of apartments. My brother and I are together, and we have the same parents (we have different mothers in real life). They are young, maybe early 30's--so it is really unclear how old D. and I are. We must be young teenagers. They are totally hip and hanging out in this room full of pretty Christmas lights--my mother has long black hair, and my father has a dark beard. My brother and I have another little brother who is turning four that day. I decide that we should make him a card like the ones I have been getting for my 24th birthday recently that read "24 and so much more". Instead we are going to write "4 and so much more". I am totally pleased with how cute it is going to be.
Eventually I make my way down to the bar. It is underground, no windows, very low lighting. I sit down in a nook and a woman is sitting across from me. Her face is shifting between my mother, my aunt, and my grandmother. I don't seem to notice or be confused by this. Eventually she gets talking, and talks up a storm. She can't get her venting out fast enough and soon she is crying hysterically. I am just listening this whole time across the table from her. She calms down and I can very vividly remember her saying:
"I just want someone to tell me I am balanced."
She goes on to explain that she feels crazy, her world is upside down, but she just wants someone to tell her that her mind is balanced, her way of dealing with things was OK. I tell her that the very fact that she is struggling to find someone to tell her that she is balanced means that she isn't feeling balanced in herself. I tell her that no one can tell her this, she has to find it and feel it herself first.
I get up from the table and go into a small dark hallway. I think I am looking for a bathroom, but suddenly I get this strong feeling of fear and I know things are about to get crazy. I find the nearest corner, back up into it and sit down on this armchair. Suddenly doors that I didn't even see originally fly open and thirty plus elderly people come speeding out all in wheelchairs. I know they are going to try to kill me so I put up my feet and just start kicking blindly.
Then I woke up!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG schmoopies! that is a crazy dream!! the wheelchair part at the end is kinda terrifying.
do you think the woman in the bar could be a part of you/your personality? or maybe I'm just projecting :D how did you feel when you were talking to her? maybe it represents a part of you that wants to freak out, but this other part of you wants to remain totally calm and focused and rational? I dunno :P
MISS YOU!!!
xxxxxxxx
Thanks for the comment pumpkinbug<3 The end was so crazy! :) You know, I just a couple nights ago, tired, full of wine, and a little bit teary, had the realization that the woman in the bar was a part of me and my personality! Dreams are so intense, but in a totally awesome way!
MISSSSS YOU!
xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment